So, if you know me well enough you would know how obsessed i have been with shortbread recently. I’ve been buying packets and packets of shortbread and finishing a pack in only 1 day. Crazy right!
Ive gained so much weight – and this has never been an issue to me until now. Its the first time i’ve had to diet and i seem to understand everybody who is having such a hard time! 😦
To give it an extra taste a little bit of vanilla extract was added. The recipe is so easy to make and can be made really quickly in only a few simple steps.
Vanilla Cinnamon Shortbread
Makes around 6-8 shortbreads.
- 60g butter
- 85g caster sugar
- 70g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Mix in the vanilla extract
- Sift in the flour and cinnamon powder and fold in
- Place the mixture in a food processor and blend until a dough is formed
- On your work surface sift a little flour and roll the dough
- Cut the dough into whatever shape you like
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
The Cake Architect
Leave a comment below letting me know if you love shortbread as much as I do! 🙂