Coconut is a very tropical fruit and for all you tropics lovers here this would be a perfect cupcake for a hot summer day!
I made a Coconut Buttercream icing which unfortunately did not come out as expected. So, i will definitely be working on that recipe and update soon.
Now onto the recipe!
(makes 8-10 cupcakes)
- 175g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 160g Self-Raising Flour
- 4 tbs desiccated Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees Celsius
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl
- Mix in the two eggs, one at a time, beating well
- Sift in the self-raising flour and fold in
- Add 4 tbs of Desiccated Coconut
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop the mixture into cupcake cases
- Place into the oven for 20-30 minutes.
– The Cake Architect