I am so so so sorry for not posting for over a month! I don’t even have an excuse for it! So in order to make up for my absence I decided to make these chocolate and After 8 Mint Cupcakes!
So this craving for After 8 Ice cream led to me to ask myself well why not make After 8 Cupcakes? And that is exactly what I did.
I absolutely love After Eights and they even sell After Eight Ice-cream here in Mauritius and its my favourite ice cream. What I love the most about Mauritius is that even though its supposed to be cold winter, which i love, you can still eat as much ice-cream as summer!
My favourite season is Winter. The cold fresh air and wearing really comfortable sweaters and cardigans are what draws me so much to this season. Oh and over here in summer its so humid so its nice to have a break from the heat and snuggle up with a nice cup of tea! 🙂
I had some remaining batter which I put in a cake tin and it turned out just as lovely as the cupcake. I also found that the icing complements the cupcake very well.
Now on to the recipe:
Chocolate And After 8 Cupcakes:
- 120g Unsalted Butter
- 110g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 150g All purpose Flour
- 110g Cooking Chocolate
- 6-10 After 8 Mints (depending on hour minty you would want the cupcake, i used only 6 mints which i cut each After 8 into quarters and put 2/4 in each cupcake)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs, one at a time beating well
- Sift the flour and fold in until incorporated
- Cut the cooking chocolate into very small pieces and add to the mixture
- Scoop the mixture into the cake tins and add the after 8 Mints
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm
Remove from the oven and enjoy! 🙂
– The Cake Architect
<a href=”http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12559451/?claim=c6qzt9xhhu3″>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>