Chocolate Cake [From Scratch]
Todays recipe is Chocolate Cake. Yes that cake that we have all grown up with! Usually i make the packet chocolate cake because i can’t be bothered to make it from scratch. But since i had dinner to attend and some free time over the weekend, i decided to be productive for once.
So i adapted this recipe from here and the chocolate buttercream from here. I was planning to make a delicious chocolate ganache to top my cake but unfortunately i didn’t have an heavy cream. Instead i made a chocolate butter cream which tasted absolutely delicious and saw that a little bit of cocoa goes a long way.For the cake due to lack of ingredients and i wanting to be creative i decided to change the recipe and see the results. I added some milk chocolate since thats all i have been wanting to eat recently.
I also sincerely apologise for the lack of posts lately and i am working on a schedule to post more often.
Lets get to the recipe now!
Adapted from: fabulesslyfrugal.com
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 36g milk chocolate
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup of (preferably) Full-Fat Milk
- 1/2 a cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- Preheat the oven to 185 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a cake pan using butter.
- In a large bowl, mix the self-raising flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt
- Grate the milk chocolate into the bowl
- Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract. Beat using electric mixer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the boiling water until combined
- Pour into the cake pan
- Bake for around 30-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
The link to the butter cream is here! 🙂
– The Cake Architect