Today is a 5-minute recipe for those days where guests come to visit and you have no time to prepare something grand. This recipe will look like a ton of work but only took 5 minutes. This recipe is actually my mum’s recipe which she came up with, only these few ingredients that were in the larder.
I was actually supposed to post an extra-chocolatey chocolate cake last friday, but unfortunately the recipe was a semi-disaster. The cake ended up being heavy, dense and dry. However the next day, oddly enough the cake became quite delicious?! Anyway that recipe is still being worked upon and hopefully will be up next week.
The photo above shows the Amaretti biscuits. I crumbled 4 for each serving cup.
- Amaretti biscuits
- 15o g Mixed Berries
- 10 Tbsp Sugar (according to tastes)
- 1 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tbsp Water
- 2 tubs (20 cl) Creme Fraiche
- On the stove, heat up 5 tbsp sugar and mixed berries and cook for 4-5 minutes
- In a separate bowl mix the corn flour and water
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the corn flour mixture
- Let cook until thicken
- Leave to cool
- In a stand mixer, beat the creme fraiche with 5 tbsp sugar until thickened
- Crumble 4 amaretti biscuits into each serving cup.
- Add a dollop of the creme fraiche mixture followed by the berries. (You could always add some leftover berries for decoration!)
- Serve and Enjoy!
I wish to all my readers a Happy New Year and hope that 2015 brings great things for you all! 🙂
– The Cake Architect