For the longest time now I have been craving some chocolate chip cookies. Given an opportunity to make a batch, I gathered my ingredients only to find out that I didnt have any chocolate chips and nor did the supermarket. I decided to change my initial recipe and make chocolate chunk cookies. The chocolate chunks add a great small crunch to the cookies which then melt into your mouth as you eat it (when the cookies have just come out of the oven!)
Although these cookies are not crunchy and hard, they are equally soft and yummy. This recipe is sooo easy to make and you can easily keep the batter in the fridge for a few days so that you can have some more whenever you have a craving.
In this recipe, I used regular milk chocolate for the chunks but you can use any type of chocolate that you like.
Also I would like to say a special thank you to my friend for taking the pictures for this post! 🙂
Lets get on to the recipe noww! 🙂
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 150 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 egg
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 120 g milk chocolate (cut into chunks, whichever size you would like)
- Preheat the oven t0 175 degrees Celsius
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugar
- Mix in the egg into the creamy mixture.
- Sift the flour and salt into the mixture and then fold in.
- Add the chocolate chunks into the mixture and combine manually to retain the structure of the chocolate
- Bake for 10 mins
- Remove to cool
– The Cake Architect
Follow me on Twitter: @cakearchitect1 🙂