Catless is most probably the best fried chicken ever created. Not most probably, it IS the best fried chicken ever. Full Stop. It is a crispy thin chicken combined with chilli and coriander to make a slightly spicy fried snack. Of course you can adjust the amount of chilli according to how much you want.
These images show the Catless when they have been dipped in a some bread crumbs. This is what adds the great crunch to the Catless.
When I was in school, I would get Catless almost everyday for lunch, because we had such a large stock at home. I would eat Catless in anything be it with spaghetti or in a sandwich. Trust me when I say, Catless is delicious with spaghetti and tomato sauce although my group of friends thought I was crazy when I said so!
The great thing about Catless is that you can store it in the freezer and fry a few of days later (Explained below*) . So if you are running late you can quickly fry these and put them in a sandwich with some butter. We always have a Catless store at home and can satisfy our cravings all the time!
I’m currently learning how to cook which explains the lack of cakes and baked goods recently. Do not worry though because baked posts will soon come back! Have you got any suggestions for recipes you want me to post? Leave a comment below telling me what recipe you would like!
These pictures are making me hungry, Lets get straight to the recipe now!
Mauritian Catless Recipe
- 1 pound chicken Breast
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 chillis (according to taste)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
- Optional: A few slices of onions (personally I don’t put onions because I don’t like their taste in catless)
- Breadcrumbs (To coat)
- Beaten Egg (To coat)
- Vegetable Oil (For Frying)
- Blitz the chicken, garlic, chilli, salt, coriander leaves, onion (optional) in a food processor until combined.
- Make small balls of the mixture.
- Pass the mixture through the bread crumbs and flatten to make a oval shape.
- Dip the mixture through the beaten egg
- Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown
- Remove to serve and Enjoy!
*Tip: You can always pass the mixture through the bread crumbs then store it in the freezer. It is only when the catless will be fried that it is passed through the beaten egg
– The Cake Architect
Interested in following me on social media?